If you or a loved one are struggling with addiction, you may wonder what treatment program is suitable for your case. There are two main types of treatment programs: inpatient and outpatient. Inpatient programs require you to live at the rehab facility for your stay.
An IOP requires you to live at the treatment facility in separate living quarters while attending scheduled sessions.
A partial hospitalization program (PHP) provides many of the same services as an inpatient program. PHP rehab programs can last anywhere from a few weeks to several months. Skywood Recovery offers a partial hospitalization program in Augusta, Michigan, along with other addiction treatment programs. Call 269.280.4673 to learn more about the PHP at Skywood Recovery and how it can help you or your loved one on the road to recovery.
What to Know About Partial Hospitalization Programs
A partial hospitalization program (PHP) provides many of the same services as an inpatient program. It requires patients to live at our treatment center in separate living quarters throughout treatment. The length of time a patient stays in a PHP program depends on their individual needs and progress in treatment. Some patients only need partial hospitalization for a few weeks, while others require partial hospitalization for several months.
PHP programs typically offer services designed to help patients transition from inpatient to outpatient care and ultimately live happy and full lives. PHP programs usually meet five days per week for six hours each day. Programs like this are beneficial because they provide a high level of care.
What Comprises a PHP Rehab Program
PHP rehab programs typically include the following:
- Individual therapy – Patients meet with a therapist to address addiction’s underlying causes.
- Group therapy – Patients participate in group therapy sessions with each other in the program.
- Family therapy – Patients meet with family members to improve communication and relationships.
- Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) – MAT can help treat withdrawal symptoms and cravings.
- Addiction education – Patients learn about addiction and how to prevent relapse.
- Relapse prevention – Patients learn to identify triggers and warning signs of relapse.
Patients may also have scheduled yoga, meditation, and art therapy activities. PHP rehab programs are designed to provide patients with the tools and resources they need to recover from addiction and maintain sobriety.
Benefits of a PHP Rehab Program
There are many benefits of a PHP, including the following:
- You can maintain more of your regular daily routine
- You have more flexibility when it comes to scheduling
- You can receive support from your family and friends
- You can transition seamlessly from inpatient to outpatient care
While some of these benefits can be found in other outpatient options, like an intensive outpatient program (IOP) or a standard outpatient treatment program, not all are available. In addition, PHP is more structured than IOP and has more hours, making it a better step-down option from inpatient care.
Find a Partial Hospitalization Program in Augusta, Michigan, at Skywood Recovery
If you are searching for a partial hospitalization program in Augusta, Michigan, look no further than Skywood Recovery. The PHP rehab program offered by Skywood Recovery staff is designed to help patients recover from addiction and maintain sobriety. We also provide individualized care and a holistic approach to recovery that addresses the mind, body, and spirit. Contact Skywood Recovery today at 269.280.4673 to learn more about the PHP rehab program and other addiction treatment programs in Michigan.