Drug and alcohol addiction has become an increasingly visible problem in Michigan over the past several years. The state’s residents are devastated as drug addiction and alcoholism affect many people in Michigan communities. Addiction of this type has ruined lives, marriages, and families as people have wrestled with substance abuse. These people can be helped, though. There are drug and alcohol treatment facilities spanning the entire state set up to help people recover. Through targeted programming, care, and staff members that care, these facilities aim to help patients recover so they can live a productive life.
What To Look For in a Rehab in Michigan
Though all rehab and treatment facilities are designed to help patients recover, not all treatment is equal in Michigan. Look for treatment facilities that meet the following criteria:
- The facility is staffed by physicians, nurses, and certified addiction counselors
- The rehab offers multidisciplinary treatment programs
- The treatment takes into account your emotional, mental, and physical needs, instead of just your physical symptoms<
- The treatment center provides additional counseling to spouses, parents, and children
- The facility is licensed by the Licensing and Certification Division of the state’s Department of Alcohol and Drug Programs, the state government office responsible for overseeing treatment facilities
- The facility offers a comprehensive aftercare or alumni program that includes follow-ups
What Happens at Rehab
Going to rehab can be a process brimming with anxiety. One of the chief questions fueling the anxiety is what to expect from treatment. The National Institute on Drug Abuse explains that effective treatment usually involves the following steps:
- Detoxification to cleanse the body of addictive substances
- Behavioral counseling
- Medical support
- Evaluation and treatment for co-occurring mental health issues, such as depression and anxiety
- Long-term follow-up to maintain sobriety and prevent relapse 1
Paying for Rehab
Another question people have regarding drug and alcohol rehab is how to pay for it. The good news is that many insurance providers will pay for treatment. Recognition that addiction is a disease that needs medical treatment is growing.
Insurance Providers in Michigan
Some of the insurance providers we work with include:
Find Out What Your Policy Covers
The Parity Act has helped to make strides in getting greater insurance coverage for substance abuse treatment. Contact us at 269-280-4673 to find out the addiction programs your insurance policy covers. We will work with your insurance provider at each stage of the treatment process to get the most coverage from your policy.
Skywood Recovery Rehab in Michigan
Skywood Recovery is a drug and alcohol rehab facility that proudly serves the state of Michigan. Our remote location in Augusta, Michigan, allows the patient the opportunity to get away so they can recover from their addiction without outside pressures. Skywood works to treat both the addiction and the underlying mental health issue to heal the whole person and not just the symptoms. Our team of clinicians and staff work diligently to guide patients in recovery so they can live a complete life when they leave.
Areas We Serve
We proudly accept patients from all over Michigan including:
– Ann Arbor
– Grand Rapids
If you or someone you know and love struggles with addiction, you don’t have to go through it alone. Call 269-280-4673 today to talk with our admission counselors. They will walk you through the process so you can get the help you need right now.