- A valid photo ID (government issued ID, driver’s license, passport, etc.)
- Information for the insurance subscriber: name, contact information, Social Security Number and date of birth
- Pharmacy benefit cards/Rx card (if applicable)
- All medications must be approved by a Skywood Recovery medical provider and are maintained by staff. Approved medications must be in appropriately labeled bottles (your name, medication name, dosage, frequency). Please fill prescriptions for non-addictive medications prior to admission.
- Any relevant medical records from current or previous treatments
- Contact information for personal physician, psychiatrist, psychologist, therapist, personal contacts and emergency contacts
- There are distinct seasons in Michigan; please pack with this in mind.See our packing list for suggestions on seasonal clothing
- Plan for indoor and outdoor activities
- Personal hygiene products including hair dryer and curling irons are welcome; toothbrush, toothpaste, bath soap, lotion, shampoo/conditioner and deodorant (alcohol-free)
- Address book with phone numbers and/or addresses
- If you smoke, bring enough cigarettes for your stay. We do not provide cigarettes, and we do not purchase them for patients. E-cigarettes and smokeless tobacco are also acceptable. Smokeless tobacco will be used in the same manner as regular cigarettes. You may have cigarettes mailed to you (pending postal regulations from your state). All tobacco products must be unopened and in sealed packages in order to be allowed into the treatment environment. Vapor pipes and oils are prohibited.
What Not to Bring
- Please note that space is limited. Any items in excess of necessity will be placed in storage. Costs associated with shipping items back home will be the responsibility of the patient.
- iPods, iPads, CD/DVD players, video games, cameras, PDAs and/or computers/laptops
- Patients can use facility phones at designated times. Cell phones are maintained with locked patient valuables and available for accessing phone numbers only upon admission.
- Weapons of any kind
- Vapor pipes and oils
- Alcohol, illicit drugs, sedatives, muscle relaxants, energy bars/drinks
- Mouthwash, perfume or other personal care items that contain alcohol
- Magazines or newspapers that contain pornographic or other inappropriate material
- Clothing that is revealing or with alcohol, sexual, derogatory or drug messages/logos
- There is NO need to bring cash. All meals and other necessities are provided to you by Skywood.
- Seven (7) sets of clothes to include:
- 7 pairs of underwear and bra
- 7 pairs of socks (preferably wool and/or warm)
- 7 pairs of comfortable and appropriate pants such as jeans
- 3 pairs of exercise shorts or pants depending on preference
- 7 shirts (t-shirts, polos, button-up, etc. depending on preference)
- 3 shirts for exercise
- 1 mid-weight jacket made of insulating material such as fleece, wool, or down
- 1 heavy outer jacket that is preferably waterproof
- 1 hat or beanie for keeping head and ears warm
- 1 pair of gloves for keeping hands warm
- 1 set of exercise shoes
- 1 pair of boots that are preferably waterproof
- Sunglasses, sunscreen and /or sunhats
- Do NOT pack: Shorts or skirts, tops that expose the midriff in any position, tops with straps, revealing clothing, clothing with alcohol, derogatory, sexual or drug logos, clothing that promotes gang themes, or clothing that is deemed offensive.
Provided by Skywood
- Bed linens