When it comes to addiction treatment, there is no one-size-fits-all solution.
Different people will respond differently to varying types of treatment, and what works for one person may not work for another. Finding a treatment program tailored specifically to your needs is so important. For instance, a women’s rehab program may be the right fit for you if you are a woman struggling with addiction.
Skywood Recovery has a women’s rehab program in Augusta, Michigan, that offers various gender-specific addiction treatment programs. In addition to their unique needs being addressed, women are also involved in coed programs throughout their stay. Call 269.280.4673 today to learn more about how Skywood Recovery’s women’s rehab center can help you or a loved one recover from addiction.
What to Know About Gender-Specific Treatment for Addiction
Gender-specific addiction treatment refers to programs designed specifically for men or women. These programs consider the unique experiences, needs, and challenges men or women face when struggling with addiction. For example, women struggling with addiction may have experienced trauma, domestic violence, or sexual abuse. A women’s rehab program will consider these experiences and provide specialized treatment that addresses them.
Gender-specific treatment programs may offer different therapies, groups, and activities than traditional co-ed programs. They may also have different rules and expectations. For example, some women’s rehab programs may require participants to live in separate housing units from men or prohibit visitors of the opposite sex. Some men’s rehab programs may have similar requirements.
What to Expect from a Gender-Specific Rehab Program
Suppose you decide to enroll in a women’s rehab program. In that case, you can expect high-quality care from experienced professionals who understand women’s unique challenges when recovering from addiction. Most women’s rehab programs consist of the following:
- Individual therapy – Patients meet one-on-one with a therapist to address the underlying causes of addiction and develop healthy coping mechanisms.
- Group therapy – Patients participate in group therapy sessions with others in recovery. These sessions provide support and allow you to share your experiences with others who understand what you’re going through.
- Family therapy – Gender-specific rehab programs typically offer family therapy to help heal the damage addiction has caused to relationships. Family therapy sessions may include individual, group, and family counseling.
- Holistic therapies – Gender-specific rehab programs offer a variety of holistic treatments to help patients recover physically, mentally, and spiritually. These therapies may include yoga, meditation, art therapy, and more.
However, what you can expect the most is to have multiple opportunities to connect with other women going through similar experiences. Besides general group therapy sessions, gender-specific rehab programs offer gender-specific group meetings. These groups provide a secure space for patients to discuss their unique challenges in recovery.
Benefits of Undergoing a Women’s Rehab Program
There are many benefits of undergoing treatment at a women’s rehab program. First and foremost, you receive high-quality care from professionals who understand your unique needs as a woman struggling with addiction. Other benefits of a women’s rehab program include the following:
- A secure and supportive environment
- Improved self-esteem and body image
- Enhanced relationships with family and friends
- Greater insight into addiction
- A stronger support network
Additionally, you can connect with other women in recovery, which can provide valuable support during this difficult time. This can create an environment that feels more secure and more comfortable for women in early recovery. In our gender-specific rehab programs, women are also involved in coed programs throughout their stay to provide a more well-rounded treatment experience.
Find a Women’s Rehab Program in Augusta, Michigan, at Skywood Recovery
If you are searching for a women’s rehab program in Augusta, Michigan, look no further than Skywood Recovery. The women’s rehab center of Skywood Recovery offers gender-specific treatment programs designed specifically for women struggling with addiction. Contact Skywood Recovery today at 269.280.4673 to learn more about how a women’s rehab program can help you or a loved one recover from addiction.